St. Williams Nursery & Ecology Centre herbaceous seedling plugs are ideal for mass planting for gardening, landscaping, and restoration projects. Our herbaceous plugs include a wide selection of wildflowers, grasses, and sedges native to Ontario. Our plugs are produced and sold in convenient 72 plug trays.
Benefits of using plugs
- Fast rooting and quick establishment
- Suitable for planting in containers or landscape
- Easy handling
72 plug trays are ideal for anyone who is looking for larger quantities, and come ready to transplant quickly.
St. Williams Nursery has the capacity to grow up to 300 different species. Many of our species are available anytime with the exception of some, which will need to be ordered well ahead of the growing season. Please note that herbaceous plug orders for plants not currently in stock require a minimum of 6-8 weeks lead time.
St. Williams Nursery carries a wide variety of species for any habitat or purpose. Check out these suggestions for a variety of planting needs:
Pollinator Species (Native plants provide nectar and act as important host plants).
- Spiked Blazing Star (Liatris spicata)
- Culvers Root (Veronicastrum virginicum)
- Virginia Mountain Mint (Pycnanthemum virginianum)
- 6 different species of milkweeds!
Establish a Prairie Landscape
- Wild Bergamot (Monarda fistulosa)
- Brown-Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Canada Wild Rye (Elymus canadensis)
- Big Bluestem (Andropogon gerardii)
Restore a Wetland Area
- Sedges (various carex spp.)
- Rushes & Bulrushes (various Juncus, Scirpus and Schoenoplectus spp.)
- Wild Blue Flag Irises (Iris versicolor and virginiana)
Construct a Green Roof
- Nodding Wild Onion (Alllium cernuum)
- Prairie Smoke (Geum triflorum)
- Sand Dropseed (Sporobolus cryptandrus)
The above species are just a small sample of all that are available. To find out more or to request a quote, please call 1 866 640 8733 or email email@example.com